A. Your privacy is important to Hays
It is the policy of Hays to respect the confidentiality of information and the privacy of individuals.
We are committed to being transparent about how we use personal information.
Where our documents ask for personal information, we will generally state the purpose for its use and to whom it may be disclosed.
C. Types of personal information collected by Hays
- Age/date of birth
- Nationality/citizenship/place of birth
- Contact details
- Education details
- Language skills
- Training and employment history
- Work experience
- Emergency contacts and details of any dependants
- Referee details
- Immigration status
- Social security number and other tax-related information
- Diversity information
- Details about your previous and current remuneration, pensions and benefits arrangements
- Aptitude test results
- Opinions about your work performance (eg references) and other information obtained by us in connection with your possible work placements
- Sensitive personal information such as your health data, personal identification document(s) details, and financial information (eg bank details)
D. How we collect your personal information
E. Purposes for which we use, process and hold your personal information
F. Our clients and suppliers
If you are a Hays client, we need to collect and use information about you, or individuals at your organisation, in the course of providing you or offering you our services.
We collect client personal information that we receive from you or collect or receive from other sources. Personal information from other sources may include, where appropriate and in accordance with any applicable laws and requirements, we may seek more information about you or your colleagues from other sources generally by way of due diligence or other market intelligence; from third party market research and by analysing online and offline media (which we will do ourselves or employ other organisations to do for us). To the extent that you access our website or read or click on an email from us, where appropriate and in accordance with any applicable laws and requirements, we will also collect your information automatically or through you providing it to us.
The main reason for using information about clients is to enable us to introduce ourselves to you and to ensure that the contractual arrangements between us can properly be implemented so that the relationship can run smoothly. This will involve providing you with our various recruitment and related services and/or providing services to your employees, such as training courses. The more information we have, the more bespoke we can make our service.
G. Disclosures of your personal information
We disclose your personal information to third party business partners or vendors for the purposes for which it is primarily held or for a related purpose and we require and have obtained (or will obtain) your separate consent as required by applicable laws before processing your information and/or providing you with any services.
H. Overseas transfer of personal information
For any transfers outside of China as the case may be, we take reasonable steps to ensure that the recipients of such information do not breach the PIPL in relation to that information. We will take reasonable steps to ensure, for instance pursuant to a contractual agreement, that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection, for example your information will be stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities.
If we transfer your personal information outside of China, we will obtain your separate consent to your personal information being forwarded or transmitted to our offices or entrusted service providers, including those internationally and where you have applied for a specific role, to employers in that country.
These overseas recipients are Hays overseas entities as set out in https://www.hays-china.cn/en/hays-entities-list and third party vendors as set out in https://www.hays-china.cn/en/sub-processors-list. You may also contact Hays if you would like to obtain the names and their contact details of overseas recipients which have received your personal information from Hays, if any, and the types of personal information which will be disclosed to these overseas recipients.
You may exercise your rights under the PIPL against these overseas recipients by contacting the Hays Privacy Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting the recipient directly through the details provided on their website.
You further understand and agree that your information may be transmitted, processing and stored out of China and to other countries or regions by Hays and its entrusted service providers. We require and have obtained, or will obtain, your separate consent (if and as required by applicable laws) before such transmission, processing and storage.
I. How do we store personal information?
Safeguarding the privacy of your information is important to us, whether you interact with us personally, by phone, mail, over the internet or other electronic medium. We hold personal information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files and other records and take steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
J. Information collected from visitors to our Hays China website
- Session cookies These are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page, but they do not collect any information from your computer
- Persistent cookies A persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer, and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. We use persistent cookies for Google Analytics and for personalisation (see below).
- Strictly necessary cookies These cookies are essential to enable you to use the website effectively, such as when applying for a job, and therefore cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, the services available to you on our website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet
- Performance cookies These cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our website. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are most popular
- Functionality cookies These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make (such as your username, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced features. For instance, we may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the services you use. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, font and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised
- Personalisation cookies These cookies help us to advertise details of potential job opportunities that we think may be of interest. These cookies are persistent (for as long as you are registered with us) and mean that when you log in or return to the website, you may see advertising for jobs that are similar to jobs that you have previously browsed
K. Your rights
Subject to some exceptions, you can gain access to the personal information that we hold about you.
To make a request to access your personal information, you will need to complete an application form verifying your identity and specifying what information you require. Please contact our Privacy Officer for an application form.
We may impose a moderate charge in providing access. Our Privacy Officer will discuss this with you.
You should also anticipate that it may take time to process your application for access as there may be a need to retrieve information from storage and review it in order to determine what information is relevant.
(ii) Correction of personal information
Hays endeavours to ensure that the personal information it holds is accurate and up to date. We realise that information changes frequently with changes of address and other personal circumstances. We generally update your personal information over the telephone. Please advise your consultant when your personal details change.
If you have created a profile with Hays via our website, you are able to update or delete your personal information whenever you apply for a new position advertised. To do so, simply click on apply for a position of interest, log into your profile, and you will find options for editing or deleting the information you have submitted.
Alternatively, you can contact our Privacy Officer for an application form to request correction of your personal information held by us.
© November 2022