A leading foreign bank
• Develops and keeps updated Compliance methodology including AML Policy, AB&C Policy, Sanctions Policy, FATCA Rules, etc. in accordance with national legislation, international standards on compliance and the requirements of Sberbank.
• Monitors changes to applicable Laws, regulations and policies with regard to AML and advises senior management, and Bank employees in advance of emerging AML issues.
• Organizes for the implementation of the AML Policy with allowances to the specifics of the Company's activities, and controls their performance;
• Organizes the training of the Company's employees on AML matters, including the development of training materials, and controls training and knowledge assessment programs;
• Reports to senior management as to the current status of the AML system, including identified violations, and files regulatory reports in accordance with the national legislation with allowances to the specifics of the Company's activities;
• Carry out transaction monitoring and transaction analysis;
• Responsible for AML related regulatory reporting including large amount and suspicious report, daily reports, and fulfillment of daily regulatory request;
• Responsible for implementation HQ AML risk management requirement, including formulating AML annual plan, risk assessment, 2LCs and the corresponding rectification tracking;
• Responsible for coordination of AML on-site and off-site inspection as well as the corresponding remediation requirements implementation;
• Assist Head of Compliance to research and analyze federal and state rules, regulations and interpretive guidance, and draws well-reasoned conclusions related to their applicability to Bank loan and deposit products and services, as well as operational processes and procedures;
• Assist Head of Compliance to monitor changes to applicable federal and state regulations, laws and policies and advises senior management and Bank employees in advance of emerging regulatory and compliance issues;
• Assist Head of Compliance to consult and guide the Bank in the establishment and implementation of appropriate processes, procedures and controls designed to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations and to ensure appropriate safeguards are in place to prevent, detect, and make corrections to any compliance failures and to mitigate risks;
• Assist Head of Compliance to coordinates compliance examinations and external audits; serves as the back up of primary point of contact for examiners in all regulatory compliance related matters;
• Assist Head of Compliance to carry out annual reviews of policies and procedures and conducts annual risk assessments to determine the effectiveness of compliance procedures; maintains an updated written compliance manual;
• Works closely with the risk management and corporate governance function; manages compliance-related third-party vendor relationships;
• Assist Head of Compliance to complete and deliver clear and concise compliance-related reports to the CEO, file regulatory reports in accordance with the national legislation and specifics of the Bank's activities, interacts with the Head Office Compliance on significant issues, provides responses on quires raised;
• Assist Head of Compliance to fulfill local implementation of HQ data protection requirements.
Requirements and Qualification:
• University Degree;
• At least 5 years' experience in Compliance&AML function;
• Knowledge of AML compliance standards in China is a must;
• English and Chinese Mandarin are both working languages speaking in English is a must.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.