Wealth Management City Manager
Our client is a leading international banking group, with a presence in more than 60 markets and serving clients in over 150 countries. They are committed to driving commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, values, and sustainability.
We are looking for a Wealth Management City Manager to join our Wealth Management team in Shenzhen & Guangzhou. This is a senior leadership role that will be responsible for managing and growing the wealth management business in the city, including private banking, priority banking, and retail banking segments.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success in wealth management, sales management, and relationship management, with a deep understanding of the local market and regulatory environment. They will also have strong leadership skills, strategic vision, and entrepreneurial mindset, as well as excellent communication, negotiation, and stakeholder management skills.
The main responsibilities of this role include:
- Developing and implementing the business strategy and plan for the wealth management business in the city, aligned with the global and regional objectives and priorities
- Leading and managing a high-performing team of wealth managers, sales managers, relationship managers, and product specialists, providing coaching, guidance, and feedback
- Identifying and pursuing new business opportunities and partnerships with potential clients, intermediaries, distributors, and other stakeholders in the local market
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with existing clients, providing them with tailored solutions and exceptional service
- Developing and enhancing COMPANY’s brand awareness and reputation in the local market as a leading provider of wealth management solutions
- Collaborating with other business units and functions within COMPANY to leverage synergies, share best practices, and ensure compliance with policies and regulations
The minimum qualifications for this role are:
- Bachelor’s degree or above in business administration, finance, economics, or related field
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in wealth management, sales management, or relationship management in the financial services industry
- At least 5 years of experience in a senior leadership role in the local market
- Native in Mandarin and Fluent in English
- Strong knowledge of the local financial market and regulatory environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute business strategies that deliver growth and profitability
- Proven ability to lead and motivate teams to achieve high performance
- Excellent communication, presentation, negotiation, and influencing skills
- High level of integrity, professionalism, and client focus
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.