Your new company
Our client is one of the world’s leading financial institutions, offering a range of products and services to individuals, businesses, and institutions across the globe. We are committed to delivering value to our clients, shareholders, and communities, while upholding the highest standards of integrity, professionalism, and social responsibility.
Your new role
We are looking for a China Head of Business Development, Wealth and Personal Banking, to join our dynamic and growing team in Beijing. This is a senior leadership role that will be responsible for developing and executing the business strategy for COMPANY’s wealth and personal banking offerings in China, including private banking, wealth management, retail banking, and digital banking.
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success in business development, sales management, and relationship management in the financial services industry, with a deep understanding of immigration banking of the Chinese market and regulatory environment. They will also have strong leadership skills, strategic vision, and entrepreneurial mindset, as well as excellent communication, negotiation, and stakeholder management skills.
The main responsibilities of this role include:
- Developing and implementing the business plan and budget for COMPANY’s wealth and personal banking business in China, aligned with the global and regional objectives and priorities
- Leading and managing a high-performing team of business development managers, relationship managers, and product specialists, providing coaching, guidance, and feedback
- Identifying and pursuing new business opportunities and partnerships with potential clients, intermediaries, distributors, and other stakeholders in the Chinese market
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with existing clients, providing them with tailored solutions and exceptional service
- Developing and enhancing COMPANY’s brand awareness and reputation in the Chinese market as a leading provider of wealth and personal banking solutions
- Collaborating with other business units and functions within COMPANY to leverage synergies, share best practices, and ensure compliance with policies and regulations
The minimum qualifications for this role are:
- Bachelor’s degree or above in business administration, finance, economics, or related field
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in business development, sales management, or relationship management in the financial services industry, preferably in wealth management or personal banking industry
- At least 3 years of experience in a senior leadership role in the Chinese market
- Fluent in Mandarin Chinese and English
- Strong knowledge of the Chinese financial market and regulatory environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute business strategies that deliver growth and profitability
- Proven ability to lead and motivate teams to achieve high performance
- Excellent communication, presentation, negotiation, and influencing skills
- High level of integrity, professionalism, and client focus
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.