Your new role:
This company is an international health insurance and wellness group and offers a comprehensive range of medical insurance. The services provided by this company include hospital benefits, clinical benefits, hospital cash benefits, maternity insurance, dental benefits, and critical illness insurance. This company is now hiring a senior underwriter in Beijing.
What’s your responsibility:
This position expects you to use clinical and medical risk knowledge to make underwriting decisions. Your responsibilities will also include acting as an expert in all aspects of underwriting and business policies and providing clarity, consistency, and guidance in all business areas. You will also be responsible for making decisions on potential non-disclosure cases using clinical and medical risk knowledge. More specifically, you need to understand and assess the medical risks associated with medical conditions, the potential scope of treatment, and its cost. Ensure that all new member applications are underwritten consistently and timely so that they are processed within the agreed service levels, etc.
What you'll need to succeed:
- A university degree and above. Major in clinical or medical science is required.
- More than 5 years underwriting experience for life & health insurance, with knowledge of the global health insurance market, or relevant transferable skills and knowledge from other financial services industries such as Life Insurance, Retail, Commercial or Investment Banking and Wealth Management.
- Ability to identify sources of data, analyse data and make rational decisions and recommendations.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills are required with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes.
- Fluent in Mandarin and English.
What you need to do now:
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or for further information and a confidential discussion on this role or to find out about more opportunities, please contact Sophia Zhang at Hays on +010 86487933 or email email@example.com