Your new company
A global Pharma Company
Your new role
The Principal Systems Architect will be responsible for the development and support of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) data pipelines. Work with business/project owners to understand user requirements and translate them into ETL data pipeline design specifications following SDLC process. Design, develop, test, and deploy ETL data pipelines while maintaining best practices and engineering standards. Develop high-quality, well-tested, secure, and maintainable code. This position will ensure high quality clinical data for business decision making and risk management for clinical studies. This person will interact with stakeholders including SDS, Clinical Operations, Safety, IT, Medical affairs, and other relevant cross functional departments.
Essential Functions of the job:
· Work with business/project owners understanding business requirements.
· In-depth understanding of clinical trials and their associated deliverables
· Design ETL data pipelines specifications following SDLC process.
· Design, develop, test, and deploy ETL data pipelines.
· Maintain ETL data pipelines and enforce data governance, security, and protection of our data.
· Troubleshooting ETL data pipelines and debugging fault codes.
· Monitoring and improving ETL data pipelines performance.
· Testing data outputs to ensure that they are fit for use.
· Assemble large, complex data sets that meet business requirements.
· Preparing data outputs for manipulation by downstream applications/users.
· Design and build the infrastructure if required for optimal ETL data pipelines from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and other technologies.
· Support the build analytics tools that utilize the data to provide actionable insights into operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
· Work with internal and external stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support data needs.
· Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
· Perform other duties as directed by Director, Clinical Data Architect
· 5+ years’ experience with ETL data pipelines.
· 5+ years’ experience with SQL and relational databases.
· 2+ years’ experience with SDLC.
· 3+ years’ experience with clinical trial data in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology
· 2+ years’ experience with APIs
· Experience with BI platform (Spotfire, PowerBI, and etc.) a plus
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.