Where you would work
USA Semiconductor Equipment Company
Sr. Director, Engineering
Shanghai (Need travel frequently) or ZheJiang
• The Mechanical Engineering Manager is responsible for overall machine system level design and integration of highly complex, high purity environment, high precision motion, and temperature-controlled machinery.
He/she will lead cross-functional design reviews, manage resource allocations, develop project schedule, and manage product BOM costs to budget.
What you will do:
▪ Manage the overall design and integration of systems at machine level
▪ Lead design of components and sub-systems for operation in ultra-high purity N2 environment, including mechanical structure, precision motion, fluids, and optomechanical
▪ Understand and drive system and subsystem requirement specifications
▪ Guide material selection and fabrication methods for high purity and for low ESD system requirements
▪ Lead concept and detailed designs
▪ Propose feasibility studies and proof of concepts
▪ Lead the definition of test criteria and create test plans for functional prototypes
▪ Lead multi-functional design reviews
▪ Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Marketing, Electrical, Software, Systems Engineering, supply chain organizations, etc. and lead system-level discussions including impact on overall system performance and costs
▪ Document designs and bills of materials for accurate records of assemblies, guide the release in PLM system
▪ Assist Manufacturing and/or Contract Manufacturers to troubleshoot issues or review ECR’s
▪ Train, mentor and develop capabilities in the Mechanical Engineering organization
▪ Ability to travel occasionally as required
What You need success:
▪ Bachelor or above in engineering discipline, with emphasis on designing mechanical systems and integration.
▪ 10+ years of capital equipment industry experience, with 3+ years in management role
▪ Expertise in 3D solid modeling in CAD, SolidWorks preferred
▪ Analytical problem-solving skills in structural, dynamic, precision motion, temperature control, and fluid domain
▪ Strong understanding of mechanical engineering principles and fundamentals including design principles, machine elements, materials, fabrication methods, and integration and testing with a focus on high-purity N2 environment systems, particles and contaminations control, and precision motion
▪ Design project planning and management
▪ Strong written and verbal communication skills, both in Chinese and English is preferred
Please email your CV to SunnyHF.Wang@hays.cn for further discussion. Title with "Name + Title + Expected Salary. "